|View All News|
Student Athletic Counsel 2014-2015
Attention All Student Athletes. Apply for the 2014-2015 Student Athletic Counsel. Represent your team and school!
Need to take your student athlete home early for a specific event? Per District policy students must use the same transportation to and from the event. All drivers must complete a one time Drivers Statement. This includes a copy of: Drivers License, Vehicle Registration and Proof of Insurance.
Second: upon each event that an athlete needs to leave early a Permission Slip must be filled out and signed by specific adminstratiors at least 24 hours before the event.
Both Documents can be picked up in the ASB Office.
Photos Provided by...
Jeff Brocca Images
Be a student athlete and help maintain a Pioneer tradition of outstanding sportsmanship, scholarship, and winning! Go to the specific sport website or see Ms. Cardona in the ASB office for more information on Pioneer athletic programs.
Students are eligible for participation in sports and extra-curricular activities if:
1. They have passed at least four subjects (may include physical education) during the previous quarter.
2. The student's GPA must be a 2.0 or higher
3. Include no more than one "F" or more than one unsatisfactory mark in citizenship. (Student athletes tend to work hard to exceed the minimum requirements and their average GPA is typically over 3.0)
Participation on an interscholastic athletic team or in an extra-curricular activity at Simi Valley High School is voluntary on the part of the student. Therefore, when students participate in athletics or activities, they agree to follow the rules and requirements as established by the coaching staff and advisor and by district and school policy.
Student athletes are not permitted to leave campus at 6th period unless they are going to an athletic contest, have and approved off-campus practice, have a proper pass issued by the Attendance Office or have a pass issued and signed by the Athletic Director.
Documentation required to participate:
- Parental Consent
- Physical Exam- original must be turned into the Athletics Office; copies can be given to the coach.
Simi Valley Unified School District also has a drug-testing program, which all student-athletes are encouraged to be a part of as a statement against substance abuse. All student athletes MUST attend a mandatory meeting where the student and a parent or guardian will learn about the drug testing program. Participation in the drug-testing program is voluntary.
The Simi Valley School District does NOT provide insurance for student accidents and injuries; however, arrangements have been made for you to purchase, on a voluntary basis, a student accident protection plan through "Student Insurance" at a very reasonable cost. The program provides coverage against injuries that frequently occur as children come and go and participate in school activities.
NOTE: "TACKLE FOOTBALL" is a separate coverage and NOT included under School Time and Twenty-Four Hour coverage.
If you are interested in this program, please contact the Simi Valley High School ASB Office. A SEPARATE APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR EACH CHILD. Coverage will be effective the date the completed application and correct premium is received by the company. Filing of claims and follow-up of any activities relating to a claim will be the responsibility of the parent. You must copy the Summary of Benefits Provisions, which is printed on the application, as no individual policies are issued.
The Athletics Council is in place to address concerns with regards to athletics (i.e., discipline, eligibility, sportsmanship, etc.). The council is comprised of an Assistant Principal, Activities Director, both Athletic Directors, and if need be, the Principal. The Athletic Council is in place to insure that Simi High School athletes comply with all state, district and school guidelines, and adhere to the highest level of sportsmanship.
TRYOUTS & PARTICIPATION
During the summer, many of our teams are beginning their activities for incoming freshmen. These can include:
· Summer Camps
If a student intends to participate in these summer athletic programs, it is mandatory for the prospective athlete to have had:
- A current physical (within the past year), evidence of which must be provided by the physician on the completed SVUSD Athletic Physical Form, available at the ASB Office or at the Main Office at Simi High; no other form is accepted.
- Additionally, a photocopy of the athlete's medical insurance is required. Students will not be allowed to participate if they do not have the above items completed. When students try out for a team, they should bring a photocopy of their physical form for the coach, and retain the original for submission when they are accepted and are about to begin.